Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Good Luck Duck - Alamogordo to Carlsbad, New Mexico - Brantley Lake State Park and Guadalupe National Park




From the site: The Good Luck Duck - Alamogordo to Carlsbad, New Mexico - Brantley Lake State Park and Guadalupe National Park

I got dozy, so I pulled over in Hope, New Mexico.Buses are welcome in Alice's Treasure Box.This just seemed like too much Americana in this iconic place not to photograph.Still too much Americana.I spent the night before in Brantley Lake State Park. It was my intention to boondock down by the water, but I felt especially tired and dry-camping suddenly felt like work. Electricity and water near the toilet? $4? Sold. It's a comfortable park; the only downside I could detect was the drifty smell from Artesia. After Carlsbad Caverns, I drove on to Guadalupe Mountains National Park in Texas to spend the night. The campsites are only parking spaces, but, for the view of El Capitan? All is forgiven. $4/ night with National Parks annual p ...Read more...




Featured RV Accessory:

Camco 42925 RV Gray Wrap Around Step Rug
Camco RV Gray Wrap Around Step Rug adjusts to fit almost any RV step. Just wrap around your existing
(more info)



No comments:

Post a Comment