Wednesday, June 17, 2015

RV Tire Safety - 80+ mph RV tires ?




From the site: RV Tire Safety - 80+ mph RV tires ?

Recently read a post on a forum where the question was asked about by-passing the speed limiter that was on the poster's Class-A unit as the poster wanted to drive faster than 80!The general consensus was that this was not a reasonable speed in an RV and almost universally people knew that their tires were rated for 75mph or less.On my trip from Ohio to Oregon last summer I noted that many interstates now had updated the posted speed limits from the old 55 to 65, 70 and as high as 80mph. While I "puttered" along in the right lane with my cruise set at 60-62 mph, I saw all manner of vehicles whiz past me, including many RVs, some of which were clearly exceeding the speed rating of their tires.In March and April I wrote about tire speed ratin ...Read more...




Featured RV Accessory:

Barker Manufacturing Company 30441 Leveling Wedge Block
Barker Manufacturing Company Leveling Wedge Block - Use under your 5th wheel jacks to level by posit
(more info)



No comments:

Post a Comment