Saturday, June 22, 2013

Quirky Travel Guy - Road trip day 4: Route 66 highlights in Oklahoma




From the site: Quirky Travel Guy - Road trip day 4: Route 66 highlights in Oklahoma

Yee-haw! Before checking out of Oklahoma City for some classic Americana fun on Route 66, I made a point to visit the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. What can you find at the Cowboy Museum? Why, a statue of Abe Lincoln, of course. The museum’s justification for featuring Lincoln is that he was a “western president” who encouraged settlement and development on frontier lands in the west. Ok, I suppose I’ll buy that. Plenty of actual cowboys can be found in the rodeo exhibit, which offers a video with audio commentary narrated by Reba McEntire. Is that country & western enough for ya? I liked the branding irons display. If I had cattle (which is a terrifying thought), I would definitely choose th ...Read more...




Featured RV Accessory:

Camco 41313 RV 12V-15W Fluorescent Light Bulb
Camco RV Replacement Fluorescent light bulb. The bulbs are 12-Volt 15-Watt, but deliver the power o
(more info)


No comments:

Post a Comment