Sunday, February 16, 2014

RV Tire Safety - What minimum inflation should I run in my RV tires.




From the site: RV Tire Safety - What minimum inflation should I run in my RV tires.

This question gets asked for a variety of reasons. Here is one example..."My Winnebago was recently weighed on the four corners.  The weights confirmed previous truck scale results.  The Goodyear tire chart for my tire begins at 80psi.  The weights are well below those shown in the chart for 80psi at all corners.  Is it OK to run 80 psi or would you recommend say 85 so any slow leakdown would keep the pressure above 80?  I don't recall ever seeing you address this issue.  In other words, what is the minimum safe pressure for a tire even if the load is less than what the minimum will support?"Simple answer first. Yes you need to run at least 80 and I doubt there would be anything wrong with 85psi.Now ...Read more...




Featured RV Accessory:

Camco 41320 RV 12 V Double Dome Light Replacement
Camco RV Replacement double dome light. Measures 12" L x 4.25" W x 1.5" H. 12-Volt bulb design inc
(more info)



No comments:

Post a Comment