Thursday, October 23, 2014

The RV Doctor - RV Generator Over-Voltage




From the site: The RV Doctor - RV Generator Over-Voltage

Doc, I recently went to exercise my RV generator and I was surprised when at about 5 minutes after turning on the generator I saw the voltage meter running at about 160-volts and it suddenly sparked but kept functioning. We turned on the AC and all the lights, although one blew. It looked to be to bright. Even with everything on the RV on it brought the voltage down to about 140-volts. I am assuming this is not a good thing and possibly dangerous. I thought it was supposed to be around 120. Can you tell me how this happens? It was running fine before I took the RV to have it serviced. A belt was squeaking and they repaired that but now I have a problem with the generator. Also you advise not running any equipment while the generator is putt ...Read more...




Featured RV Accessory:

Battery Tender 022-0148-DL-WH 12-Volt 4-Bank Battery Management System
The Battery Tender 022-0148-DL-WH 12-volt/1.25-amp 4-Bank Battery Management System is designed to f
(more info)



No comments:

Post a Comment