Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Van-Tramp.com - Fort Worden State Park




From the site: Van-Tramp.com - Fort Worden State Park

Fort Worden is more than a historic military fort, but I must admit my ignorance – and being completely content with that ignorance – to what else it may have been in the early 1900’s when it was in use. For me, it was all about the bug guns (I’m a dude, sue me) that once occupied the fort and were to be used in defense of any invaders by sea. Although none of the guns still stand where they once did, a museum showed pictures, models, and videos of them in use. They would be a sight for sure, but I happily settled for the huge concrete bunkers and gun placements instead. And this is where I must give it to Washington State for leaving the doors unlocked. We could explore into the dark caverns of the bunkers (with h ...Read more...




Featured RV Accessory:

Camco 42563 RV Awning Stabilizer Kit
Camco RV Awning Stabilizer Kit is designed to secure your awning economically. The spiral stakes wo
(more info)



No comments:

Post a Comment