Sunday, August 24, 2014

Riveted - Quicksand and Tidal Waves




From the site: Riveted - Quicksand and Tidal Waves

At some point in my childhood, I became aware that I had two catastrophe fears -- quicksand and tidal waves -- and that I had no clue where those fears originated. Could it have been that time the neighborhood kids all helped fill sandbags near our apartment in Seal Beach, California as a storm was threatening to flood the old town area? Is that what caused me to imagine the many scenarios where a giant wave had crashed over the town and I was floating down Main Street on my bunk bed boat? Certainly the silly, unrealistic scenes on Gilligan's Island where someone was sinking into a quicksand puddle weren't scary enough to cause my worry and fear of quicksand, were they? I was born in Alaska and we lived in Anchorange until I was 5 years ol ...Read more...




Featured RV Accessory:

SHURflo 94-009-50 Universal In-Line Filter
Water Filters SHURflo Waterguard filtration products deliver high quality, safety, reliability and e
(more info)



No comments:

Post a Comment